Tuesday, November 4, 2008

RSS is TMI

Okay, I know my Mom is a librarian and Yeah! Information! But the RSS feeds, IMHO, are for people with ooodles of free time, no hobbies or no televisions. I have set up ONE RSS feed on my google reader, The Annoyed Librarian because during my exploration of the RSS assignment, that one looked amusing. And, I know you know, I can't stand Flickr, but also, I am sorry to say, I really dislike RSS Feeds. I've been in the trap before of signing up for a bunch of feeds that seem interesting, and then getting a pile of news delivered each day to "my door". It's like someone backed up a truck of every daily newspaper in the world and delivered it all on the front lawn in a ginormous pile of TOO MUCH INFORMATION. I really don't want all you readers to think I hate everything technology related. That's not true. I love technology. I just love technology that is useful to me personally and doesn't clutter up my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The original idea of RSS is a time saver (get the sites you already go to everyday delivered to one place), but you're totally right. When you start adding post-heavy feeds like icanhascheezburger.com (which has 5-10 posts per day) it can easily get out of hand. However, one can't have too many funny pictures of cats, imo, so it doesn't bother me. Have you seen mows.com?

Lily said...

Now I have! Very funny. Although my Mom already calls me Princess Lily!