Thursday, October 9, 2008

7 and 1/2 lifelong learning

The obvious one for me that's easiest is play. I love playing. My human (Mom) who is a librarian loves playing too. She turns learning into playing all the time. She learns to play instruments she doesn't know or learns how to code html. Right now mom's officially learning html and xhtml through an online class so she can re-design her Celtic group's Web site. Most of the time she just brings home a pile of books and starts coding by trial and error. Mom told me she is kind of scared to attend classes because there is so much about html, cascading style sheets and xhtml she doesn't feel like she knows, but I think if the teacher's nice she'll get it.

The most difficult is mentoring others. I mean, I try to teach my sister Maggie how to do fun things but she just attacks me so I get mad and chase her around and claw her head until she yowls! Ha! Mom's the same way. She gets impatient sometimes when people are just not getting it. She is working on becoming more patient. She never seems to claw anyone's head though, which, if you're a human, is probably a good thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know... sometimes we all need a good sharp claw the head. Thanks, Lily, for keepin it real.