Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer continues....

Mom speaks: Story time was much better in the big room. I did cat stories (my favorite subject?!) and I read a particularly awesome one called Splat the Cat. I just love that author/illustrator Rob Scotton (sp). His pictures are so fluffy. He's got a series about a sheep named Russell which is where I first encountered. I also found out he's got a Splat book that is a valentine story. It is sooooo sweet, I just love it. I wish I was going to be here next week when Miss Sheila does hat stories. I've got some great hats like this bunny one with log wrap around ears. But I'm going to California on Tuesday for my step-daughter's high school graduation (don't tell Lily, she hates it when we leave town).

Our first performer went great here on Thursday. One lady was mad about not having tickets to the event or even knowing you needed tickets for the event, but whatever. Every year I serve as ticket taker and usually get yelled at some point during the summer. Standby people always get in and I try to tell people that but they didn't want to wait to see if there is room and accuse us of having "secret rules" because it wasn't in the program that you needed tickets. It is posted on all the flyers around here and online. At least the angry lady just yelled at me and gave me the "I hope you die" look as she left. No biggie. I was as nice as possible so that's all you can do I guess.

Lily: That Splat looks alot like me. Except I am prettier. Going to where?

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Have you read William's Ninth Life? The best cat story ever. But have a box of Kleenex ready.

Lily said...

No I haven't read that but I already cry at the Warrior Cat series.