Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Mondays

Mom speaks: Wow, every year I forget about Mondays in the summer. It's the most frightening thing. I started on a summer Monday and I remember thinking as the people poured into the library that I may have made a mistake in becoming a librarian. I no longer feel that way but yesterday was the typical Monday. I counted about 130 people (and I think I missed the two daycare groups) in the library at 2 p.m., an hour after we'd opened. I bet we had more people than any library in the city (except, perhaps Central). The phone also rang and rang and rang. I can't even remember how many people we signed up for summer reading. Today was fun because it was Teen Tuesday @ 2 with Wii video games and Guitar Hero on the Playstation. Unfortunately since we had early voting I had to use the small meeting room which was rather loud. I heard one of the kids playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl say the funniest thing: "Dude, you got schooled by Pikachu!" I can't wait for tomorrow when I get to do story time in the big room!

Lily: What's a pikachu? Are they tasty?

No comments: